Supply List (Ctrl+p to print)
- 3 small canvases or canvas boards, I will be demonstrating on 11X14 inch, and a table easel.
Any brand of oils including the primaries of Red, yellow and Blue plus Burnt Sienna.
My normal palette consists of:
- Ultramarine Blue
- Pthalo Blue
- Alizirin Crimson
- Cadmium red light
- Cadmium yellow Light
- Burnt Sienna
- Titanium White
- Viridian Green
In addition, any brand of odorless thinner (Gamsol is probably the least offensive) only odorless solvents are allowed in our workshops. No turpentine please! It is best to have the thinner in a container tank; I recommend a product called Silicoil. I rely on Liquin by Winsor Newton for a painting medium. A few cloth rags or paper towels and palette paper or box for mixing colors.
- A hog bristle filbert in 3/8 to ½ inch width
- A synthetic sable (Taklon or other nylon) bright in ½ to 5/8 width
- A script liner brush (about a No 1) about 1 inch long
- Other assorted brushes you favor.
- Liquid brush cleaning soap (I like “pink Soap”) but most any liquid detergent will work.
- Pallette Knife (offset triangular shape) about 1 inch long (two would be better one small and one larger, maybe 1-1/2 inch long)